The average age of menopause in UK is 51 years but it can occur at any age. The perimenopausal symptoms such as night sweats, hot flushes, pins & needle, dry skin, hair loss, loss of libido, mood swings and that can lost up to five years in many women. The long term consequences of menopause are osteoporosis (brittle bone) and heart related problems.
Who is it for?
All peri and postmenopausal women
At least once a year
What does it involve?
- Consultation with Consultant Gynaecologist
- Blood pressure and BMI check
- Abdominal and pelvic examination
- Consultation on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy)
- Advice on life style
- Hormone profile (FSH, S Estradiol) if indicated
- Vitamin D levels
- Thyroid Function Tests
Additional Tests for Ovarian and cervical cancer screening can be added
- Pelvic Ultrasound Scan
- Ca125 levels
- Cervical smear
- Menopause Health: £ 200
- Menopause Health & Cancer Screening (including pelvic ultrasound scan): £400