A fertility health check is offered at any age for a single woman or for a couple who are wishing to start a family or are unable to conceive over a period of one year. This service is to help individuals and couples overcome their difficulties in conception. An assessment by one of our team gynaecologists will boost your confidence; help you decide what to do next and ensure you get the best possible results without delay. Call for a same-day appointment (available out of hours) or a convenient date that suits you.
What to expect:
At SureScan Women’s Health Clinic, we offer reassurance, guidance and treatment in a calm environment. A consultation with our dedicated consultant gynaecologist will give you the opportunity to discuss any questions you or your partner might have
There are several problems that can be assessed through our fertility health check (Fertility MOT) that includes
- Ovulation disorder including polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Problems with follicle growth
- Age and ovarian reserves
- Uterine (womb) factors
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Male factor (due to low sperm count or low motility)
- Emotional and psychosexual issues
NB: We are currently not offering tubal patency test
What age group?
Fertility health check can be performed at any time in the reproductive age group. This is especially recommended between 30 and 42 yrs of age for women.
What does it involve?
- 30 min consultation with consultant gynaecologist
- Abdominal and pelvic examination
- Swabs for infection screening
Blood testing for:
- OvArian hormones (FSH, LH)
- Midluteal progesterone levels to check for ovulation
- AMH levels to check for ovarian reserve
- Thyroid function test
- Antral follicle count
- Pelvic anatomy
Screening for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome if indicated
Cervical smear if indicated